Fashion eCommerce Websites with Style.
Websites are the first interaction between a seller and a potential customer. Its not just about having a shop it is also about having an appealing website, that will allow the seller to communicate exactly what the company is all about and invite the user to shop. Throughout having an easy, user friendly and attractive web design – it’s more than likely to attract the costumer to stay and bring more sales and marketing to your Brand. After searching far and wide here are a few examples for e-commerce fashion websites that have style, branding shines and the product is a king.
1. Free People
- This Brand born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where a first store was opened. Free People nurtured the young people who lived there at 1970’s and shopped there, who looked for a little of their own freedom in the clothes they wore.
- So first of all, when you enter the site, you immediately see a unique design, with thin fonts and retro/vintage illustrations and boxes.
- The layout is simple yet stunning with gorgeous photos of clothes and accessories on models.
- Easy navigation and clean. The header includes their current specials and deals without distracting from the new products showcased on the homepage.
- Plus, their pop-up newsletter offer is in the same style as the rest of the site.
The beautiful, large, full-width slider on the homepage includes high quality photos of the products in use on models, and the rest of the design is quite simple, which puts the focus on this slider display. Desigual is a casual clothing brand based in Barcelona (Spain), appealing and colourful photography with style – their Fashion. It claims to have a philosophy based on positivity, tolerance, commitment and fun. The fonts are very unique yet don’t distract from the products.
Clicking on any category leads to a well-organized display page that includes the ability to filter by the colour.
The masculine yet relaxed and fun look and feel of this Men blends well with the typography with large images in the full width slider as well as on show models holiday, summer clothing in relaxed blue sky background to promote the brand look.
4. BORN shoes
- A minimal design keeps the focus on the ‘products’ with a nature atmosphere and natural materials. Gives a rich, premium look & hand made work of leathers and artisan detailing.
- The full screen background on this site is made up of several different stunning photos and a slider in one section. Each of the images link to a featured category or collection, with more categories in the navigation menu in the header. Even category pages include a muted photo background.
- Another interesting feature is that every product page includes a Facebook comment widget, an excellent method for using social media to get people talking about their favourite Born products
- True to Victoria Secret’s reputation, the largest American retailer of lingerie – use a large beautiful, sexy image at the top of the homepage shows a model displaying the featured items in steamy display. The black and pink colour scheme lend to the mysterious, feminine, sexy brand style.
- Interestingly, the header does not include a product navigation menu. Instead, visitors can click on any of the images featuring different product lines as they scroll down the homepage.
5. Nasty Gal
This is a women fashion brand and again uses, very romantic large image with a vintage style and a menu where you have few selections and a simple Search box you can access easily on the home page. And what I like here is the inspiring fashion styles it shows in each image with ‘Whats New’ and ‘LookBooks’ and not directly opens a shop